Thursday, May 25, 2017

Review of Elijah and the Key of Knowledge by Zachariah Rippee

I have two daughters. I’ve been reading to both since they were babies. Neither are old enough to read but they both will turn pages on their own. The oldest, who is 3, has some of the stories memorized and will recite the story as she turns the pages. It is my desire as a parent to instill a love of reading in my children. Reading will give them a higher aptitude forlearning, better speech and communication skills, better language skills,better logical thinking and much more.


In Elijah and the Key of Knowledge by Zachariah Rippee, Elijah and his friends search for the key of knowledge. They encounter obstacles along the way which Elijah’s friends overcome. In the end, Elijah learns he has the key of knowledge which is his ability to read. As a parent, I want my kids to possess and use this key of knowledge. This book offers a wonderful way to introduce kids to that key. I would recommend adults reading it with children and discussing it. It would be great to discuss why Elijah is sad that he can’t overcome some obstacles. It would be great to discuss why having the ability to read is so powerful. There are many lessons that can be learned from this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment